Sunday, June 6, 2010

Transience

Day and night both come and go fleetingly
The tide of the ocean may appear doubly
During the year gray clouds can bring about showers
And the water from the downpour may linger for hours

However, the transience of these events means nothing to me
Since, being with you could last for an eternity
Hopefulness or maybe desperation keeps me clinging to you
But, only if you would confirm to me that this love we share is true

I strongly wish that our love would evolve
But, all that I am getting from you is unanswered phone calls
Text messages, e-mails, and sometimes even voice mails
So, what is it exactly that you are trying to communicate?

Transience is only meant for things that have a compliment
As for the day its compliment is night
And darkness has its brother light
But, what compliment is there for me without you in my life?

I thought being with you had completed me
But, now you have revealed to me your lack of curiosity
Curiosity for what I once thought was a love for me
Physically, emotionally, mentally, and sexually

So, now that you are gone I am left with insecurities and loneliness
In search of something that never really existed
Something that I once thought could have been permanent
But, your presence in this relationship ended up being transient

Copyright June 06 2010, Moniquea Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment