Thursday, June 17, 2010

No Witnesses

The sounds of the clock ticking back and forth
I hear the crickets chirping outside my window
With my head tilted back against the pillow on my bed
I begin to fade…
An aroma, somewhat sweet
Enters the room
From the lobby
I try to face my intruder
But, before I do…I begin to fade
I hear water dripping from the faucet
And the air in here is quite hostile
My body grows weak and nauseous
I collapse on the ground…and begin to fade
Out in the grass I can see flowers
Roses and tulips but the smell is sour
I feel a presence approach me from behind
I glance back to see a spirit behind the vines
It grabs my hand and takes me along for a ride
But, I can’t see my destination
I do not believe I have circulation
I gasp for air to breathe
But all I can feel is---
Suffocation!
My body---dying in front of me
I have already departed my flesh---spiritually
I have died…instantly
And there were no witnesses to this tragedy

Copyright 09 June 2010, Moniquea Brown

1 comment:

  1. it is a very strong peace of poetry....amazing write....its very thought provoking and heartfelt...good job

    ReplyDelete