Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Dawn

Dawn

Represents a new beginning
Represents a new life
Represents a new cycle
Represents a new time

The rays of the sun stretch out across the planet
The plants and trees slowly awake from their dreams
The animals, if not nocturnal, start rustling among the leaves
And here I am in my bed, enjoying the scene
But once again I awake alone
With no one beside me
No one to call my own
And share this home
I sit here and wonder if maybe this is all a dream
That you really are here with me---although invisibly
But, somehow that theory is impossible
Since our love ended quite some time ago
Why can’t I wake up from you and start over again?
Why can’t I, like dawn, create a new beginning?
Somehow my heart has given up on love
And somehow my mind won’t allow me interest in anyone
Other than you, your love
Was poisonous
Your passion
Was dangerous
Although your commitment to me seemed continuous
Where did I go wrong?
Where did we fall?
Because, I am unable to get over you
I am unable to see you
With someone else
And to me you are bullet-proof
And I am see-through
So, I guess unlike dawn we are not renewable
Our love unscrupulous
We faded—the two of us
Unable to cope with the newness

No comments:

Post a Comment