Monday, March 15, 2010

Distance Doesn't Have To Hurt (Dedicated to Will)

Your eyes are the color of island fresh water
Your body tone is that of mocha chocolate
Your energy is similar to that the sun
And your persona can’t be compared to anyone

I love talking to you since your spirit is so light
Although I cannot be near you
Your presence somehow is still in sight

Sometimes I do forget certain aspects of your being
But that doesn’t mean that I don’t appreciate you…seriously

You’re so full of love and so ready to give
Although many cannot recognize such a wonderful gift
Though in its rarity it brought me much joy
But no I have never mistaken your kindness for a toy

I hope that in the future we will finally meet face to face
Yet, I have told you I have no plans in committing
But to be your friend seems truly a gift from heaven
So hopefully you won’t mistake our friendship as ephemeral

Copyright March 14 2010, Moniquea Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment