Friday, November 13, 2009

"To My Sweet Mom"

Mom,

You have been there since day one
Unlike no other person
God put it so you were my mom

You are the essence of true beauty
Your class, your sass, your disposition
All creating an individual, unique

You have the most beautiful hair
Tied with Native American blood
Too bad we couldn’t espouse that culture
Oh yeah...you thought I forgot?

You are so kind and gentle
Your eyes seem to always see what’s right
That gift must be a delight

You are so pure that you seem innocent
Your eyes say nothing but love
And luckily I am blessed to receive it

I am your youngest, the baby
Two others…though there presence
Seems a maybe
You inspire me to be better
I see you as a strong woman
Of whom I want to mimic

You have held my hand for quite some time now
Slowly releasing it so that
I can be an adult now

You have been careful with your words to me
So that there will be no hard feelings
In case one of us leaves

God forbid that that would ever happen
But blessings like this come so rare
I enjoyed the majority of it

I am so proud to say that I was created by you
An individual with such intelligence and suave
I was made in the image of You

Love you Mom!


Copyright November 2009, Moniquea Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment