Sunday, October 25, 2009

"Why Can't We Be?"

You inspire me
I motivate you
Then ask yourself
Why can’t we be?

When the winters are cold
And the summers are hot
Together we give each other comfort
Eliminating all odds

When your dreams are crushed
And you need to be consoled
Here I will come
With open arms

Today it may pour
Tomorrow it may flood
But here I have built a ship
Together we will float atop the rush

The darkness will come
And the light will cease
But having me by your side
You have no need to grieve

Even if we cannot eat
And we have no place to live
I will provide you with a home
Even if in reality it does not exist

If you must go to war
And I am left a widow
Not a soul will know
That I suffer

If sickness manifest
And your body is no longer strong
Not a pleasure will I need
That isn’t your own

But I sit here and I wonder
If this message you will receive
Being that for many days
I have kept quiet what I feel

If you can hear me
Then talk to me
If you can feel me
Then touch me

If you know me
Then, greet me
If you love me
Then, alas why can’t we be?

No comments:

Post a Comment